Followers

Thursday, January 17, 2013

It has been so gloomy here that I have enjoyed lighting candles around my home to make it cozy. I put together this candle last week and I love the way it looks and smells. I got the idea from my friend, Deborah. She took a bowl, filled it with coffee beans and put several votives in the bowl and used it as a centerpiece. I have several of these hurricane like glass containers and I use them often around the house. As a centerpiece for my coffee table what is better than a candle and coffee beans! I purchased a vanilla scented pillar candle and a bag of coffee beans.( I got a bag of Eight O Clock Coffee Beans at Walmart for $4.98.) It was easy peasy to put together and it looks so nice. When the candle is lit and the coffee beans get warm, they put out a delicious aroma.  I have used this same idea through out the year, changing up the 'fillings'. In the past I have used popcorn, green peas, valentine conversation heart candy and sea shells as fillers for my candles. Be safe and only burn your candles when you are in the home.

Our rain is tapering off today but now we may get some snow this afternoon.  If the snow arrives, I plan to be home on my sofa, candle glowing and watching the lovely white flakes fall to the ground. Snow is always an "event" in Alabama.

4 comments:

Mrs R said...

Arlene, what a great idea! I love the smell of coffee so I think I'd love to try this idea.

Arlene Grimm said...

Every now and then I think, "Why am I smelling coffee?" Then I remember. I sometimes run my fingers through them to make the aroma a little stronger. I am sure the longer they are left open to air, the smell will diminish but so far, they are going strong.

Mrs.T said...

I have seen this idea and have always wondered if the aroma of the coffee beans came through when the candle is lit. I will have to try this. Wouldn't a hazelnut candle make a nice aroma with the coffee, too? I would think that it might.

Arlene Grimm said...

Mrs T, I think that a hazelnut candle would smell lovely with the coffee beans. I have really enjoyed my winter candlescape.