Followers

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

It is a CHILLY morning here in Alabama. But to be honest, we have not had very much Winter Weather this year so we are due. And I hope that the cold snap might kill some of those pesky flu germs that seem to be floating in the air here.

I hope to get out and do a few errands. I have to mail some books to my Paperback Swap friends. I have mentioned this wonderful site before but if you are a reader, you need to check it out. I love reading and I often buy books at the local used book room at the library as well as buying some new paperbacks. When I finish with them, if I do not wish to keep them for my library I post them on Paperback Swap. For every book I mail, I get a credit to choose a book from their lists. Last week I mailed eight books! That is the most I have ever mailed at one time. Usually I get one or two requests every month or so. Now I am excited to go"shop" for some new books. Our library is still closed for repairs and I am missing it so much!!  I usually visit the library once a week.

And it is Seniors Day at Ross so I will stop by there in hopes of picking up a gift or two that I need. And I get 10% off today!

Sending warm wishes to my blog friends in the northeast....it is snowy and cold there.  Have a blessed day friends.

2 comments:

Mrs R said...

I just started a new book today - one of the Game of Thrones books. It is ever so thick and I think it will take me a long while to read it but I am enjoying so far.

Thank you for your warm wishes. With the wind chill, the temperature is 5 degrees.

Arlene Grimm said...

I picked up Divergent byVeronica Roth while I was at Target today. I have heard a lot of buzz about it. My dil, Katy, has read the Game of Thrones series.