Followers

Monday, January 7, 2013

Like everyone else, I was chomping at the bit for the latest series of Downton Abbey to be telecast on PBS. And even my sweet husband is hooked on this program. We were both happy with the first installment of the third season.  The house, the clothes, the actors and actresses make this series so engrossing. I did read in the local paper that the actor who plays Matthew is not coming back for a fourth season and I was so disappointed to read that...I have to wonder what Mr Fellows has up his sleeve for that story line.  While I do not live a formal life...I enjoy seeing all the beautiful crystal, silver and china being used as "everyday" dishes for this wealthy family. The crisp white tablecloths with no wrinkles...how do they do that? If I iron my tablecloths all day, I cannot produce that perfection.  I am waiting impatiently for myblog friend, Dawn, at Sun and Candlelight, to post her Downton Abbey Discussion blog. She does this on Monday mornings so that all of us Downton Fans can weigh in with our opinions.

And I must say that everyone in Alabama, is waiting for the Big Game Tonight!!The Alabama Crimson Tide will take on the Fighting Irish of Notre Dame for the National Championship.  Since oldest son, Ben, is a graduate of BAMA, we are pulling for the Tide.  I am not a big football fan but I will be watching this game with my honey!  Roll Tide Roll!!

1 comment:

Mrs R said...

Arlene, I did watch the episode today. I wish that they had shown Mary's wedding reception! Other than that, no complaint :-)