Followers

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

The second day of the New Year brings a return to routine here at Nanaland. And that means getting rid of all the holiday food around the house and getting back on the straight and narrow foodwise!! Marvin just left for work and Kendall and Landon are coming to spend the day with Nana. Both of the grands go back to school tomorrow. But today we will enjoy one last day of Vacation by getting haircuts and having a Happy Meal for lunch.  Tomorrow will be the first Friend Day of 2013. I look forward to getting together with my best friends to hear all about their holidays and to find out what they have been reading. All three of us are voracious readers and we can spend a lot of time talking about books.  And speaking of books, I saw that JK Rowling's new book is going to be made into a tv mini series in Britain. That says to me that the movie producers knew it would not be a big screen hit, verifying my opinion that the book was lacking!  Right now I am reading Miss Peregrine's School for Strange Children. It was a deal on Kindle this week so it was only $1.99.  I had it on my To Be Read list and one of my MOPs moms  reviewed it on Good Reads so I added it to my Kindle collection. I still find it hard to read on my Kindle. I really prefer a book I can hold in my hand but I am trying to move with the times!:)  I am also looking forward to a return to my MOPs group. This group of ladies is a fun group and I always come away refreshed after being with them!  The new year is filled with possibilities and I look forward to each and everyone of them.

2 comments:

Mrs R said...

Arlene, it is sad to see the holiday foods go, isn't it? No more cookies but a bit of fudge left. Thankfully, Valentine's day is not far away. :-)

I've been thinking about getting a kindle. I hate to give up the feel of a good book....

Arlene Grimm said...

I know Mrs R....I love chocolate but I have eaten WAY too much of it!!