Followers

Monday, January 14, 2013

 Thanks to my friend, Candie, I have a new painting for my dining room and I moved some other accessories around my living room and dining room.  Sometimes it is good to change things up!  (please forgive the randomness of the photos, for some reason they did not load in the order I snapped them!!)Candie's friend, Paige, painted this fruit for Candie some years ago. Now Candie can no longer use it and she graciously gave it to me. I had admired it in her home and when she offered it to me, I was so touched.  Everyone knows my love of pears!!  With the high ceilings in our town house, bigger art fits the scale of the home. I took the small Ray Ellis print that I had in the dining room and placed it along side my Ray Ellis Suppertime at Cape May Print that hangs over my sofa. The prints  look so nice hanging next to each other and again, this placement is more in scale with the living room.

 One of my blog friends was unfamiliar with a pocket door and wanted to see a picture of ours so I decided to take photos of my guest suite for my blog. The guest suite is just off our living room so the pocket door really makes our guests feel a bit more secluded from the living area.
 Here is the guest bedroom...
 The little hallway that connects the guest room to the bathroom...
 And the pocket door that seals off the guest suite. Pocket doors slide into the wall so they do not take up any room.
 Another shot of the pocket door.
And the guest bath. I tried to coordinate all the colors in the guest suite. Some things I bought, some things were given to me by sweet friends. The print in the bathroom is a gift from my friend, Susan. It looks as though it was meant for this room!!

We had a great time with Lee and Lanier. We went out for pizza on Friday evening. On Saturday we took a ride to the country to eat at a Mennonite restaurant called The Old Cook Stove. This restaurant has so many yummy things to choose from on an amazing buffet. Along with all the meats and sides, they have WONDERFUL desserts. I love their home cranked ice cream...delish! While we were eating, the restaurant staff gathered at the front of the restaurant and sang some Mennonite hymns for their guests. After lunch we headed home so the football fans could watch the NFL playoffs. Most of all we just enjoyed visiting and resting. We hated to see Lee and Lanier leave to head home on Sunday morning. Later in the afternoon, Margaret and Baylor came to visit while Mom and Dad took in a movie. We always enjoy those two sweet grands.  Now on to a new week! I hope it is a good one!!

3 comments:

Mrs R said...

Arlene, thank you for posting pictures. So that's a pocket door! Love it! And the guest suite is so luxurious!

Did you watch Downton Abbey this weekend? I watched this morning online. So sad....

Arlene Grimm said...

Oh I felt so sorry for poor Edith Mrs R. But I wonder if the burned soldier who said he was their cousin, thought to be lost on the Titanic, will reappear? I know Edith had been sweet on that cousin.

Mrs R said...

Edith looked so beautiful in her wedding gown, didn't she! I felt so sad after watching the older guy (can't remember his name) leave her at the alter. I hope you are right about the burnt soldier.