Followers

Thursday, January 10, 2013

We are having weekend guests, Marvin's brother, Lee and his wife, Lanier. Now that our children are grown up we enjoy spending weekends together. Lee and Lanier live in Memphis, Tennessee so they are just three hours away from us. All of Marvin's other siblings live far away so we do not see them as much.  I spent yesterday getting their room ready for them. We are fortunate in our town house to have a guest suite, a bedroom and bathroom that can be closed off by a pocket door. The pocket door allows our guests to have some privacy and when the pocket door opens, I know my visitors are ready to "rise and shine"!

Even though Lee and Lanier are family, I like to make sure they know they are special! I actually bought some new sheets for the guest bed this week. My older ones were getting worn and really did not coordinate with the new comforter I added in that room back in the fall.  So I washed the sheets, dried them and made a pristine bed using my old nurse, bed making skills. (Glad to know my nursing education was not a waste!)  I put some light reading on the bedside table along with a bowl of Ghiardelli  Chocolates.  I made sure the closet was neat and hangers were available to use. I took out one of my wooden tv tray tables and sat it up in one corner of the room so there is a place to put open luggage.  In the guest bathroom, I made sure there were plenty of soft white towels, extra toilet paper under the sink, and shampoo and soap in the shower. I also put two pretty glasses in the bathroom so they are set for taking any meds or just getting a sip of water during the night.

Yesterday, Landon helped me make some snacks to have on hand this weekend. We made up sausage balls and some Crispy Crackers.  Along with some sodas and sweet tea, we will have some good nibblies! And Lanier is bringing my favorite treat, cupcakes from Muddy's Bake Shop in Memphis. We have no big plans for the weekend, we will just "chill" as Lanier says. Being together and making memories is the best way to spend a January weekend.

2 comments:

Mrs R said...

Arlene, it all sounds beautiful! I've never heard of a pocket door before. I'd love to see a picture of the suite sometime. I'm guessing it's a door entrance in a hallway??

Arlene Grimm said...

Well actually the guest suite is off the living room Mrs R. I will try to take a picture so you can see it!!