Followers

Friday, February 1, 2013

Boo Snow!! No not here in Alabama, in West Virginia. I was supposed to meet my nursing school roommate today for lunch but she is snowed in! Karen lives in Huntington, WV and was coming to Chattanooga to see her parents. We were to meet for lunch at Cracker Barrel in South Pittsburgh, Tennessee. She sent me a message early this morning to tell me that she was not going to be getting out of WV anytime soon!! I am hoping we can reschedule while she is in Tennessee.  Just another little reminder for me that my plans are not written in stone!! I am trying to be more flexible!

On a fun note, I was able to speak on the phone with one of my blog friends yesterday. I have met so many nice people in the blog world.  It would be fun if all my blog friends could gather for a morning of coffee and conversation. I can just hear it in my head now!! I am sure we would gab the morning away.

I have been trying to get my Valentine's Day Goodies together for teachers and family. I found bags of Godiva Truffles at TJ Maxx yesterday for $2.99 each. I had to get one for myself as well and let me tell you, they are delicious. I will probably go back for some more!!  I purchased Valentine Pencils for Kendall to take to her classmates. Nowdays the schools frown on Sugar so we decided to add a pencil to each of Kendall's valentines for her classmates. Landon's preschool does allow candy so I found some Valentine Lollipops for Landon to include in his valentines.  Have you noticed how high maintenance all the holidays are these days? Back in the old days, Valentines Day meant that you got a valentine for your classmates and there would be a classroom party that usually included a cupcake and red punch. My mother never decorated the house for Valentines Day!:)  I enjoy decorating for the seasons but Pinterest has surely raised the bar with all their neat ideas.

So I am off to get groceries and do some laundry. Not the way I had planned to spend my day but I am reminded that God orders my steps! I am glad to trust Him with that!

No comments: