Followers

Friday, February 8, 2013

 I have been looking for a new "beauty salon" here in Decatur and I think I have finally found one. I tried out Studio H yesterday and I loved my haircut and the atmosphere in the salon was so nice!  I kept getting a glare on my glasses so I took them off !!  I think I might be able to manage this 'do' on my own!
And today is MOPs...I always look forward to time with my girls. Today our focus is on marriage. I will be giving the devotion today and I am focusing on respecting our husbands.  In our modern world there seems to be a lack of respect in many areas.  Sometimes I long for the olden days when people did not share their every thought with every person. I think many of the reality shows on tv have allowed people to think that it is ok to be rude and uncaring of the feelings of others.

I am taking Dilled Pimento Cheese and Crackers as my portion of snacks at MOPs this week. It is a great recipe from Cotton Country Cooking Book Two. It makes  a lot so it is the perfect treat to share with a friend or neighbor.

Dilled Pimento Cheese
16 oz Colby Cheese(shredded)
12 oz Swiss Cheese(shredded)
3 cups of mayonaise
1 8 0z jar of pimento(drained slightly)
2 tsp dill weed
Pepper to taste
 Grate cheeses and set aside. Mix mayo, pimento and dill. Combine cheese and mayo mixture. I let it sit at room temp for about an hour after I mix it up to let the flavors meld a bit. Place in an air tight container and store in the fridge. Best if made the day before serving!

3 comments:

Mrs R said...

Arlene, your haircut is adorable! It looks so soft and feminine. (And love the color!) :-)

Arlene Grimm said...

Believe it or not, someone once asked if that was my natural color or did I dye it.:)

Mrs R said...

Arlene, people ask me that too! I get a big kick out of it. Then they ask what product do you use. I tell them just shampoo and conditioner - nothing fancy - like pantene or dove. :-)