Followers

Thursday, February 7, 2013

I am a happy Nana. Yesterday, Kendall saw my cross stitch project sitting on the chair and she asked if she could learn to cross stitch! Her mom, Amelia, was never interested in handcrafts so having a granddaughter express an interest was a big day for me. Who knows if she will like it but I promised that we would sit down and work on that during Spring Break when we have more extended time to learn a new project. She spent yesterday afternoon upstairs in the craft room painting a Valentine picture. She loves to paint and really does well for a six year old.  Kendall also wanted to know about knitting...I am no pro but I can teach her to knit and purl.

As with many of my friends in Blogland, this is my Happy Place and I try to avoid posting sad things but today I am going to ask for prayer for two special women in my life. My sister in law, Mina, is having surgery today in Savannah, Georgia. She has a cancerous tumor on one of her kidneys. The doctors have told her it appears to be encapsulated which means it has not spread. That is the good news but of course they will not commit to any prognosis until the surgery is complete and all the tests are done. My cousin, Pam, is having surgery today for colon cancer. Her prognosis also depends on the outcome of testing, biopsies etc. Pam is just one year younger than me and she is my closest cousin on the Tankersley side of my family.  Prayers for both of these ladies would be much appreciated.


2 comments:

Mrs R said...

Arlene,

Praying for both Pam and Mina and their families too. May God give wisdom to the surgeons and comfort and peace for all.

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks so much Mrs R. Mina's surgery went well. My cousin, Pam, got some sad news. The tumor has spread. We are trying to be positive and we are praying.