Followers

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

I love all things Mary Engelbreit....she makes my heart happy! And I feel like the queen of hearts this morning as I have most of my Valentine Day surprises ready for tomorrow. I spent yesterday making some Valentine Candy for my neighbors.  In our townhouse community our townhouses are three to a unit. Marvin and I live in the middle townhouse of our unit and we have great neighbors on either side of us! John and Jean are our neighbors to the south. In their 80s, they are still quite active and they are my go to people for checking mail, newspaper etc when we go out of town. If Jean has not seen me in a bit, she will call to make sure everything is ok at the Grimm house. If I make cookies, cakes etc, I try to share with Jean and John. Jean does not bake much anymore so they are always happy to have a sweet treat.   Janet and Jerry are our neighbors to the north. ( Marvin and I are going to have to change our names to start with J to fit in!) Janet and Jerry are about our age and moved here to be near Janet's mother after Jerry retired. They are sweet people and have a precious black lab named Molly Grace. If I have not "retreived" my newspaper from the drive, Molly Grace will fetch it and bring it to my back door.  Marvin and I are so thankful for good neighbors. I want to show them my appreciation for their friendship any chance I get!


1 comment:

Mrs R said...

Arlene, you are a good neighbor! How cute that your neighbors names all start with "J"!