Followers

Thursday, February 21, 2013

 Here is Kendall's house, all finished. I think she did a good job. I love the transom window over the door!  And how about that Party Room on the top of the house? I had to laugh at that one as we Grimms are such partiers..NOT.  Her window placement was interesting. One side of the house had two windows, this side just had one.  She made some little paper people who live in the house as well. It reminds me of how we used to entertain ourselves when we were little. We loved getting the old Sears catalog and cutting out people  that we used to play with in our imagination!
And here is my G for the front door. I used things I had on hand in my craft room to decorate my G. I had some moss left over from another project. I always have lots of ribbon.  And being the OCD person I am, I am a bit bothered that the pinks do not really match! I purchased the pink and green bow decoration at Hobby Lobby in the gift wrapping section. They have lots of little bits that would look pretty on a wreath!  I purchased the wooden G at Hobby Lobby as well.

If you have a glass front door like mine, you will want to cover the back of the G. I put on my ribbon hanger first, then using tacky glue, I glued a piece of lime green scrapbook paper to the back of the G. When this is done, you can start covering your letter with moss. Again I used Tacky Glue for this part of the project. I was lazy and did not paint the edges of my G...I wanted to get done in a hurry!:) But if I make more of these for gifts, I will paint the edges the same green as the moss.  I always learn a lot when I make a craft for the first time. After the moss dries then you can embellish your letter in spring colors or anything that takes your fancy. I had some raffia flowers that I almost used but they just did not quite go with my theme. I will save them or another craft.  I saw one on pinterest that had a little nest with eggs inside, glued to the moss.  And a plain moss initial will look nice in the middle of a spring wreath.  In fact I may give that a go later in the month! This was a fun and easy project...took only one morning to do and I think they would make a sweet hostess gift or a Happy for a friend.

4 comments:

Mrs R said...

Arlene, G also stands for GORGEOUS!

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks Mrs R!!!

Mrs.T said...

Beautiful work, Arlene! And Kendall, too! I love her house. A couple of years ago during a winter vacation, my granddaughters made houses from cardboard boxes and had such fun making and designing furnishings for them. They made clothespin dolls to live in them. Maybe Kendall would like to make a doll or two for her house!

Arlene Grimm said...

I will have to get some clothespins Mrs T...what a great idea.