Followers

Monday, February 25, 2013

We had a nice weekend in Chatsworth, visiting my parents. As always, we had some good home cooked food. Mother made a red velvet cake and banana pudding. Then a dear friend of the family sent over a homemade pecan pie so now I am back on the diet!!  It was a beautiful weekend but the weatherman assures us that March is coming in like a lion at the end of the week. As long as March goes out like a lamb, that is ok with me. I wonder how many children these days know all the old "rhymes" that we knew as children? I know that many children do not even know all the nursery rhymes we said as kiddos.   I heard an educator say that those rhymes were very helpful in language development in children. I would like to read more about that!  And then there are those old rhymes like "Step on a crack, break  your mother's back!" I am still careful when walking on a sidewalk to avoid the cracks. :)  The little rhyme about the number of days in a month is still helpful to me. Can you think of other rhymes that you learned as a child?  It would be interesting to look up the origins of many of these childhood fancies!

Today I am off to meet my new dentist. Our dear Dr Crim retired at the end of 2012. He sold his practice to a young dentist. My husband says Dr Cook looks like he should be bagging groceries down at Foodland. I guess that is a sign of growing older....all the authority figures in your life are younger than you are!!  Then tonight, I am having the MOPs ladies over for a UFO night. We are all working on Unfinished Objects  that we are crafting. It should be fun. I am looking forward to seeing what all the other ladies have in their craft bags. I will continue to work on my counted cross stitch piece. It may be finished by Halloween.:)

Have a blessed weeks friends.

2 comments:

Georgina said...

Arlene, those desserts sound heavenly! I can only imagine and still gain 3 lbs!

Arlene Grimm said...

I know Gina....sinful!:) I look forward to reading your new blog. We can all use encouragement.