Followers

Saturday, February 9, 2013

We woke up to a beautiful sunshiny morning here in North Alabama. I hope all my friends in the Northeast are cozy and warm in their homes. I have seen pictures of the big snow storm up there and it is a doozy.  I have already put some laundry in to wash and I need to fold clothes and iron before my Birmingham Sweeties get here. We will have Margaret and Baylor while Mommy and Daddy go to lunch in Huntsville. Baylor got a haircut this week and I cannot wait to see his new do! Our baby looks like a big boy now. He will be two at the end of March...time surely does fly by!

Thanks for the prayers for my sister in law and my cousin. Both came through their surgeries well. Please keep my cousin, Pam, in your prayers. The doctor's report was not what we wanted to hear but we are a praying family and we will be lifting her up as she faces this challenge.  I sent her the devotional book, Jesus Calling by Sarah Young. This little book has brought peace and comfort to my heart many times. I would highly recommend it as a good book to read right before you go to sleep at night.

I had a great time yesterday with my MOPs ladies. They are such an encouraging group of young women. My Dilled Pimento Cheese was a hit. Many of the girls told me that they did not care for pimento cheese but they liked this recipe. I agree. I have never been a fan of pimento cheese either but this recipe is very tasty. I think the Dill gives it a good flavor.

Marvin and I just listened to Dr Benjamin Carson's speech at the Washington Prayer Breakfast that was held this week. If you have not heard it, please go and listen on You Tube. It is about 30 minutes long but worth the time to listen to it. When our Ben was a young boy, Ben Carson was his hero. We read his biography and we both enjoyed it. He is the head of Pediatric Neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins Hospital. Maybe he should run for president in 2016!

1 comment:

Mrs R said...

Arlene, grandchildren grow up too quickly! Little Isaac will be one next Saturday.

I'm glad the surgeries went well and I will keep Pam in my prayers.