Followers

Friday, March 1, 2013

A prayer for all Homemakers...

God Bless my work today and grant that this home might be a place where peace will prevail and love will be Abundant.   Amen

I came across this prayer in the little devotional book, A Saint for All Reasons by Tim Muldoon. While I am not Catholic I enjoy reading of the various saints and why they are special examples to all Christians. Zita of Lucca is the Saint for Homemakers. Zita was a humble servant woman who looked at her job as a way to serve God.  She was much loved by the people of her village.

Some days, as a homemaker, I feel I am a hamster on a wheel....the same chores each week, the work that never seems to be completed and an unending stack of laundry in the laundry room.  But this simple prayer reminds me that what I do is important. It is the work that God has given me to do and I want to do it to the best of my ability to please Him.  God Bless All Homemakers with a peaceful and loving home.

3 comments:

Kelly TalkoftheHouse said...

Very sweet prayer,and yes we should be thankful we have a home to clean. But you are so right about it feeling like a hamster on a wheel!

Jill said...

Thank you! That was lovely, and something to remember when I am feeling overwhelmed and invisible!

Arlene Grimm said...

Thank you for the sweet comments Ladies. So glad to have you drop by my blog Jill!!