Followers

Thursday, March 7, 2013

 Well we will just call it upside down day as my pictures loaded in the wrong order!! In my quest for new recipes, I tried another Pinterest main dish last night and I must say it was a winner!! The finished product is on top and doesn't it look pretty?
Here it is before it went into the oven.

The recipe is Alice Springs Chicken...similar to the dish served at The Outback Restaurant.  I served it with Rice Pilaf and Green Beans but it would be perfect with a green salad as well.

Here is the recipe!

Alice Springs Chicken
4 whole chicken breasts.( Pound them flat between two sheets of wax paper.)
Lowrys season salt
6 bacon slices
1/4 c French's mustard
1/3 c Honey
2 T mayonaise
2 tsp minced onion
1 c sliced mushrooms
2 c Colby Cheese....shredded

After pounding your chicken breasts, season them with season salt and place in fridge for 30 minutes. Cook bacon in skillet on stove top. Remove frome pan and crumble. Do not discard the bacon fat.
Remove breasts from fridge and fry in bacon fat...3 minutes on each side. Remove from pan and drain. Place chicken breast in 13 by 9 casserole dish.

Mix mustard, honey, mayo and onion together until well combined Brush on top of Chicken breasts. ( I used all of my sauce as my chicken breasts were large) The recipe states that you may have some left over to serve with the chicken. Layer mushrooms,bacon and cheese over the chicken breasts. I did not use two cups of cheese. I just covered the breasts and I had about 1/2 cup of cheese left over. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.  It is a really easy recipe but looks like you slaved for hours over it as it makes a beautiful presentation. I will add this to my Company Dishes!!

4 comments:

Mrs.T said...

Oh, this sounds and looks so delicious, Arlene! I will have to try it. I always cut down on the amount of cheese in recipes. Most times the recipe needs nowhere near the amount called for. Cuts down on the fat and saves money.

Arlene Grimm said...

It was very tasty Mrs T and you could cut the calories without losing the flavor. The next time I make it I think I will cut my chicken breasts into smaller pieces that will make a nice portion as a serving. Chicken breasts these days are so HUGE.

Rose said...

That looks delicious!

Kelly TalkoftheHouse said...

This looks wonderful! I am going to have to try to make this. I am always on the lookout for a good chicken casserole (especially one with cheese!)