Followers

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Well I finished up The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making and I must say that it was a great adult fairy tale. It is written for tweeners but I am not sure that they would "get" a lot of the writing.  I plan to read the next book in the series, The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland and Led the Revels There.  If you enjoyed The Wizard of Oz, Chronicles of Narnia and Alice in Wonderland, you will enjoy Ms Valente's tale of a girl named September.

And in my quest to try more Pinterest Recipes, I made a new one last night. It was a definite winner!!

Crock Pot Cube Steak
1 package of cube steak...about two pounds
2 cans cream of mushroom soup.( I am not a fan of cream of mushroom soup so I used Golden Mushroom instead)
1 packet of Lipton's Onion Soup
1 cup of water

The recipe calls for you to put the steaks in the crock pot, mix up the soups and water and pour this over the steak. My mother has made cube steak for years and she does hers a bit differently so I followed her advice. I dredged my cube steaks in flour and browned them in some oil on top of the stove. I just browned each side and removed them from the pan. Then I layered my cube steaks in the crock pot, pouring some of the soup mixture over each layer of steak. I think I had three layers total. Cook on Low all day long!! You will have some of the most tender cube steak you have ever put in your mouth!! A good way to use a cheaper cut of meat!!  I served it with mac and cheese and a salad but this would be very good with mashed potatoes as it makes its own gravy!

Off to have breakfast with the girls!! I will not be posting tomorrow morning as Mar and I are off to Atlanta to have one last pizza at our favorite place there...Everybodys Pizza at Emory Square.  We are crazy but we have to say good bye to another sweet memory!

2 comments:

Rose said...

So sad to say goodbye at a favorite old haunt. Enjoy a delicious slice or two!

Arlene Grimm said...

Hope you are feeling better today Rose....have you removed the comments from your blog. I wanted to tell you that I would pray for you....And I too am happy about Pope Francis I. I think he will shepherd the church in the right direction.