Followers

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Have a Little Heart!

I had to share this picture of Spike, the little bull on my brother in law's farm. He has a perfect heart on his forehead. Maybe he will be like Ferdinand the Bull and will be a gentle bull who enjoys smelling flowers.( I remember Captain Kangaroo reading the story of Ferdinand the Bull on the his program when I was a girl) Of course bulls do not stay on the farm nowadays....they are sold when they are old enough to go to the sale barn.  And I also love the sweet face of Bruce's Guernsey cow. I am not sure if it is Mayfield or Annabelle. For those of you who do not live in the south, Mayfield is one of the big dairies in our area. They provide milk, ice cream etc to some of the southern states. Their ice cream is really delish!! So we all got a laugh when we heard one of the Guernsey cows was named Mayfield.  My niece, Laura, names most of the cattle on the farm. My daddy discouraged us girls from doing that when we were little as he knew some of the beef would end up on our supper table. But that is part of being a farm girl...eating what you produce be it fruit, vegetables or meat!!

PS...thanks to my sister, Kristi, for allowing me to use her picture!!

1 comment:

Gina said...

Arlene, I love that picture! What a sweetheart!