Followers

Friday, April 19, 2013

Holiday Inn

How did I live 58 years without seeing the old movie, Holiday Inn? While I was channel surfing I came upon this lovely movie and I sat there loving it until it was over!! It came out in 1942 and it was the movie that introduced the song, White Christmas. How can anyone resist Bing Crosby's crooning of that sweet song? Bing Crosby and Fred Astaire's characters are a song and dance act that works all the time. Bing longs to retire from the rat race. He buys a lovely old inn and decides to open it only on holidays.  His idea is a hit and soon Hollywood comes calling hoping to do a movie about his inn. Of course there is romantic intrigue and lots of singing and dancing. The perfect feel good movie for a rainy afternoon!  I enjoyed it so much I got on Amazon to order it...a bargain at only five dollars!  I also ordered the movie, Leap Year. Another cute movie starring Amy Adams, one of my favorite modern day actresses. You may remember her as the princess in Enchanted. Leap Year is filmed in Ireland and is eye candy for all of us who love the Emerald Isle.  To round out my order, I purchased some Junie B Jones books for Kendall. Our sweet granddaughter has become quite a reader and I was able to purchase a boxed set for a very reasonable price. I love Amazon...perhaps too much! It is so easy to order and the items are delivered right to my door.

Now I am off to the grocery store and I hope to get some crafting done today!  Have a fabulous Friday Friends.


2 comments:

Gina said...

Arlene, I've wanted to watch Holiday Inn but it always seems to slip my mind. I have seen Leap Year. Amy Adams is so adorable. :-)

Arlene Grimm said...

Amy Adams is one of my favorite "new" actresses, Gina. Just recently caught her in an indy film called Junebug. She was just precious in it!!