Followers

Monday, April 29, 2013

I Got My Passport!

No, not a real passport but a library passport. This year our public library is encouraging readers to expand their horizons by reading books set in different countries of the world. At first I was reluctant to sign up for this challenge as I do not like to be "told" what to read but one of the librarians talked me into giving it a try. I visit the library at least once a week so she knew I was a dedicated reader. I signed up to read 20 books set in various countries before the end of this year.My first stamp in my passport was for the USA as I completed The Girls of Atomic City. My second passport was France for Tout Sweet.  Right now I am reading an MC Beaton's newest Agatha Raisin book set in England for Great Britain. I checked out Pippa Passes by Rumer Godden for Italy and Mother Teresa, A Biography for India. So I am on my way!  I have been googling books set in various countries to get an idea of books to read. We can read any adult or young adult fiction or non fiction work to count toward our stamps in the passport.  It will be a challenge but it is always good to get out of a reading rut!

And speaking of books of other countries, be sure and check out Dixie Delights today as Amanda is giving away two copies of A Spear of Summer Grass by Deanna Raybourn.

1 comment:

Gina said...

Arlene, what a wonderful idea! Did you remember to take your dramamine? :-)