Followers

Thursday, April 11, 2013

 Here is the baby bed that Mr H built for me for the grands playroom. I crocheted the little blankets to cover the babies with! Isn't the bed just too cute. Mr H designed these for his own granddaughters so that their American Girl dolls would have a place to sleep! He graciously made one for me and Kendall was just elated with it! Margaret has yet to see it but I am sure that she will love it too.
 And here is the G I made to take to my sister in law as a hostess gift. They are pretty hanging on a door or used inside a wreath. I have my own G hanging on my secretary in the livingroom.
 And I had to  give a shout out to Cherylyn...she is my own baby doll. My mother estimates that she is about 55 years old. As to the name...I guess my three year old self made that up a combination of Cheryl and Lynn. She looks pretty good for an Oldish Doll.
And a close up of the G so you can see the moss and the flowers. I found these paper flowers on the clearance wall at Hobby Lobby and I knew they would be perfect for this craft.  It is very easy to do. Purchase the letter of your choice and paint it a green that compliments the moss. That way if you miss a spot, it is not so noticeable. Using Aleene's tacky glue, I adhered the moss to the letter. I also used tacky glue to glue on the flowers. I glued the ribbon to the back of the G with tacky glue as well. I used a piece of tape to hold the ribbon in place while the glue was drying.  After the glue is dry, remove the tape from the back of the letter and line the G with scrapbook paper. I do this so it can be used on a glass door without it looking ugly on the back. If you have a solid door...no need to do this unless you would like to do so. I was not sure where my sis in law might use it so I lined my G with some lilac colored scrape book paper.

Have a good weekend friends. We are off to Memphis for a sip and see for baby Adeline.

1 comment:

Mrs R said...

Arlene, love the doll bed! Your friend's husband is quite the craftsman. And those blankets are too cute. As is sweet little Cherylyn. :-)

Enjoy your trip!