Followers

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

OOPs....

I had a Facebook message from my sister informing me that Annabelle is a Jersey cow and not a Guernsey cow.  I also found out that Annabelle has horns while Mayfield does not.  My brother in law had been looking for some Jersey cows but had a hard time finding them so he was really happy when he tracked down these two sweet cows. My dad had mostly Holsteins on his farm along with Black Angus so it is nice to get some Jerseys into the mix. When I was a little girl we had a sweet little cow that was either a Guernsey or a Jersey...I am not sure which breed..but she was so gentle. She would come up to the fence and let us pet her. Daddy let me milk her because she was gentle and easy to milk. She did not have a name that I can remember. As I said in the other blog, naming was not encouraged!!:)

No comments: