Followers

Monday, April 15, 2013

 On our way to Memphis on Friday we stopped in Corinth, Mississippi for lunch and a stroll around this quaint Southern town. Loved this Coca Cola sign on the side of a building.
 Here is where we ate lunch. It is the oldest drug store in Mississippi and it serves lunch at the old soda fountain. We had hamburgers and milkshakes. I have to say their milkshakes were just like the ones I remember from my childhood. They even use the old time milkshake machines like I used when I worked at the Big V in Chatsworth, Ga as a teenager.
 Borroum's is right across the square from the courthouse.
 While in Corinth we checked out their Coca Cola museum. It was just six dollars to take a tour as we are now worthy of the Senior Citizen Discount!
 I loved seeing all the old bottles.
 And here is the coke machine from my youth. Ten cents for a small bottle of Coke!
And just about every old Southern town has a Civil War Cannon!  We never forget!!:)

We had a great weekend with our Memphis family. I will share some photos tomorrow!

1 comment:

Gina said...

Yum - milk shakes! And that Coca Cola museum looks like so much fun to visit!