Followers

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Pear Delight

 Recently my friend, Susan, asked me if I was getting tired of pears.  Of course not, I assured her. If you know me, you know I love pears in all shapes, sizes and colors. So when I came across this pretty pear platter at The Nest in Corinth the other day, I knew I had just the place for it in my kitchen!!
 I love the Bible verse and I think a pop of bright green is just right in my blue, white and black kitchen.
 Here is a pear that I found at TJ Maxx. It looks a lot like the pears in Ballard Design catalog.
 My painting that I did several years ago along with my fake pears in the wire basket.
 My tea tray holds some pear candles....
 And a lavender pear from Susan...it looks great on top of the armoire in my bedroom.
 A close up of the candles on the newly polished silver tray. They look so pretty.
 My painting from friend, Candie. It includes a pear among the other fruit.
And lastly, a ceramic pear on the bedside table in the guest room. I have other pear things upstairs in my storage closet. I rotate them from time to time.  So, is there a collection living in your home? I would love to see it!!

2 comments:

Gina said...

Arlene, I love barlett pears. I don't have any decorative pears but yours are pretty. Especially the pear soaps!

Arlene Grimm said...

Actually they are candles Gina...My Kendall always asks me why I do not light them!! I keep telling her they are too pretty to burn.