Followers

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Pretty Petals

 My sister in law, Lanier, provided the flowers for the Sip and See on Saturday and they were so pretty that I had to share them. Lanier has a great florist...she takes her own vases and her florist fills them up! This arrangement included pink tulips, gerbera daisies and snowballs that had not turned white yet. The light green is pretty but snowballs when they are white are just lovely.  Since the party was for our sweet Adeline, pink was the order of the day.
 I loved these small pink tulips. Tulips are such a happy flower!
And to greet the guests as they entered the door, this pretty posy of lilacs and white hydrangeas.  When I was a little girl, we had a lilac bush in our side yard and I still remember how good it smelled when it was blooming in the spring. Unfortunately, these hothouse lilacs did not smell as good as the ones I remember from my youth. I know it is the same with roses....nothing smells as good as a rose picked from your own bush!

It is friend day so we are off to have lunch together then I have to go to the courthouse and purchase our car tags. Hoping I do not have to stand in line!!

2 comments:

Gina said...

Sooo gorgeous! I love the lilacs best but the tulips are a close second. :-)

Arlene Grimm said...

I love pretty flowers...wish I were adept at growing them but alas I am not!