Followers

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

The Mac is Back!! Just needed a new battery....I have really gotten addicted to my lap top. In the last few days here in North Alabama Spring has sprung. Beautiful days and it was 80 yesterday. But with spring comes high pollen counts and poor Landon is really suffering with swollen eyes. It happens to him every year. We are dosing him up with Benadryl.  And I have almost finished my crocheted blankets for my new doll bed. Pictures soon. I have also crafted a pretty hostess gift to take to my sis in law when we go to visit the Memphis Grimms this weekend.  So not having my laptop has caused me to get some things done around the house.

Yesterday Kendall and I worked on her cross stitch a bit more. She knows how to do it now but she gets bored after stitching a row or two. She was watching me crochet and wanted me to teach her how to do that too!!  I hope she will enjoy crafting as much as I do. She brought home a self portrait that she had done at school and it really did look like her. Around the portrait they had to put adjectives describing themselves. One of Kendall's adjectives was artistic!! I assured her that was a good adjective for her.  It is hard to believe that she will be seven in a few weeks. I ordered her gift from Nana and Grandpa...an American Girl doll. She wanted one that looked like her so we checked them all out and decided that Emily looked most like her. Emily is the English best friend of Molly, the girl from the 1940s. It is her first American Girl Doll and she is excited about it! I am too!:)


1 comment:

Mrs R said...

I'm glad your laptop is on the mend. Sad that we grow so attached to them, isn't it!

American Girl has such lovely quality dolls and such. My youngest has the Josephina doll and Bitty Baby. Their clothing is pricey but so pretty too.