Followers

Thursday, May 16, 2013

An Early Birthday Gift

I got an early Birthday gift this year when Ben sent me a text with a picture of grand number 5's ultrasound picture. The baby looked so cute...you could see a little fist held up by his/her face.  We will not be finding out the sex for several months but I am guessing a boy! No scientific data to support it, just a feeling!!  It is still amazing to me how we can get to know our grandchildren before they get here!! In my day, ultrasounds were only done if the doctor thought something might not be just right. So we waited until the baby arrived to find out if it was a boy or girl. With all of my children, I had dreams about them that proved to be correct each time! Maybe it is a mother's intuition.

Kendall LOVED her book!! She was so excited to see it laying on the dining room table when she got home from school. She gave me a great big hug! Then she proceeded to sit in Grandpa's big chair and read for about an hour!

Mr Landon has an appointment at the allergist this morning. He has been plagued with swollen eyes, breakouts and runny nose this spring. I am so glad we will get some answers about the cause of his problems and we can do something about it to make him more comfortable.

Off to lunch with Susan later in the day. Deborah has her grands and she is enjoying them I am sure. Tomorrow is my Birthday! No big plans...I will be helping a friend with her daughter's wedding this weekend so that will be fun. Dinner at Macaroni Grill tomorrow evening and I am getting granite countertops for my kitchen as my Mother's Day Gift and Birthday Gift. So that means, shopping and comparing before making a final decision. I wish someone would just show up at my door with the perfect style and install them for me!!

Have a great Thursday friends!!

1 comment:

Gina said...

Happy early Birthday Arlene! I hope you have a wonderful wonderful day! And a new grandchild on the way!!

I've been thinking of new kitchen counters but keep putting it off. I look forward to reading about your experience. Maybe I will be more enthusiastic. :-)