Followers

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Breakfast Tales

This morning my hubs informed me that he needed to take his vehicle for a tire rotation. That meant that I had to get dressed and take my car to pick him up while the work was being done. We had a few errands to run and as we were finishing up the phone rang, Hubs car was ready. Since it was just 9:30 am we decided we would go to our favorite restaurant in Hartselle for breakfast. We should have realized that Mr Henry's was closed for Memorial Day weekend when we saw only two cars in the parking lot. We were so sad....we both had our mouths all set for a good breakfast. Hubs suggested that we try the small restaurant near our home. Well..CLOSED. Then we had the bright idea to go to IHOP where I had enjoyed a delish meal yesterday. The line was out the door as the Balloonists who were in town for Memorial Day had just completed their morning rides and were ready for breakfast as well. I suggested Cracker Barrel just down the road. Same thing...lines out the door. We finally gave up our quest and came home. I decided I would prepare a breakfast supper tonight and I hope it will be well received. As we got home, we both just looked at each other and laughed...what a morning. And a tale that we will laugh over in days to come. But right now I just want some gravy and biscuits!!

3 comments:

Gina said...

Arlene, breakfast for supper always tastes wonderful! I'm sorry you had such bad luck with the restaurants this morning.

Arlene Grimm said...

I do not know why we did not consider that some places would be closed for Memorial Day weekend. It seems that most places carry on as usual even on holidays.

Unknown said...

I think Libby's was open today but will be closed Monday!