Followers

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Going to the Chapel!

Today  a beautiful young lady and a handsome young man will make vows to each other as they are married. The wedding will be held at our church and I have had the privilege of helping with this big event. Yesterday a group of the bride's friends and a group of the mother of the bride's friends met to "do" all the bouquets, corsages and boutineers. Believe it or not there are videos on You Tube teaching all aspects of bridal flower arranging. Alana, the bride's mom, had sent us all links to the videos so we had a chance to get some advance training! The family had purchased all the flowers from a wholesale florist in Huntsville and the flowers and greenery were awaiting us when we arrived for the flower party. Believe it or not, our flowers looked like professionals had done them! We all had a great time together, laughing and eating some of the great food Alana provided.  I was able to help Alana with the bride's bouquet. With the handy bouquet holder filled with oasis, it was not difficult at all.  I do think many people would make their own flowers if they knew how easy it was!! There is a big mark up at the florist. I am glad to have another skill to add to my list of talents.:) I am looking forward to attending the wedding today and seeing all our handywork on display. Hopefully I will have some pictures to post on Monday!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So next time I need a flower arrangement, I will know who to call!