Followers

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Proverbs 27:2

Let another man praise thee, and not thine own mouth; a stranger and not thine own lips. Proverbs 27:2 King James Version.

One of my children had a friend who loved to brag on himself. It really frustrated my child who was just as talented academically but they were good friends so what do you do??? I reminded my child of this Bible Verse. It is one that we all can benefit from!!  But I want to praise my niece, Laura. She is the beautiful young woman pictured above. Active in her local FFA(Future Farmers of America)club, she is learning all the skills for being a good farmer. When I was in high school it was a purely male domain but now girls are included in the ranks. Laura has won several awards for her expertise in farm related knowledge. Last weekend she was in Macon, Georgia to compete in the state competition for the FFA creed speech. She won first place and will be going on to Louisville, Ky for the nationals in October. Our whole family is very proud of her. She is sweet inside and out and strives for excellence in all that she does. She will be getting a little congrats package from Aunt Nenie in the mail this week!! Love you sweet girl.

No comments: