Followers

Thursday, June 13, 2013

A Morning in Hartselle

 I was in Hartselle this morning and I remembered to take my camera to capture a picture of these beautiful Hydrangeas! All colors and they look so nice against the sage green of the old house.  I have long admired this old two story home on a corner near downtown. If  my ship comes in, I would like to buy it and rehab it. It has lovely lines and arches...just needs some TLC.
 Please click on the photo to view it in a larger format...it is so pretty.
 Hartselle is one of those rare things in America...a small town that still celebrates July 4th in a big way. From the middle of June until the end of July they have flags waving downtown and along the main highway that leads to the interstate.
I took this pictures while waiting at a redlight. It had just turned green when I snapped this one.  If you are ever in North Alabama, stop by Hartselle. It is a sweet little town with lots of unique shops. But you might want to enjoy it in the fall or spring. Today it is sweltering out there!! Hoping for a thunderstorm later today to cool things down!!

2 comments:

Gina said...

Love your pictures, Arlene. And those hydrangeas are gorgeous! The house is such a pretty color.

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks Gina....I just cannot get over those beautiful flowers no matter how many times I see them. God is so good to give us beauty to enjoy!