Followers

Monday, June 17, 2013

Father's Day

We had a nice Father's Day Weekend. We started celebrating at Charles and Nancy's home Saturday evening. Charles grilled steaks and Nancy prepared yummy mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli. Dessert was from Earth Fare and I must say that it was decadent. Nancy and Marvin had carrot cake while Charles and I ate a chocolate confection that was out of this world. Sunday morning, Marvin found a bag with DVDs from me...Marx Brothers collection as well as the Hobbit.  Church, then lunch with our friends the Gosnells. Sunday afternoon brought greetings from Amelia and Ben.  It is hard to believe that July 4th is just around the corner! This year seems to be flying by.

On the book front, I just started reading the first in the Alan Bradley Flavia Du Luce series, Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie.  All the ladies in our Book Group are raving about this mystery that features a 12 year old chemist, Flavia. It is set in 1950 in Yorkshire England and so far I am enjoying this light read. I devoured Tinsley Mortimer's Southern Charm over the weekend. It is a fluff read about a young Charleston Deb, Minty Davenport, who takes New York City by storm. We all need some light reading from time to time!

We are going on vacation soon so I must get my house straightened and start packing for our adventure. In the midst of all this, my granite countertops are to be installed on Wednesday! And I will have the grands!! Busy Days in Grimmland.

No comments: