Followers

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Santa Fe

 Saturday and Sunday we toured Santa Fe. Saturday we spent most of our time on Canyon Road. If you want to buy some jewelry, check out the Silver Sun. I found a pretty onyx ring there for a very reasonable price. Checking out the Indian vendors on the plaza, I found bracelets for the granddaughters! Santa Fe is a beautiful town...above you can see the cathedral. We were fortunate to arrive just as a docent was giving a tour of the sanctuary.
 I enjoyed seeing all the abode buildings.
 We also stopped at the Loretto Chapel. No longer owned by the Catholic church, there is an entrance fee and you may take pictures inside the chapel.
 Here is the miraculous stair case which has no visible means of support. I am going to have to check out the movie, The Staircase, as it tells of the building of this interesting structure.
 Inside the Loretto Chapel....

And we loved seeing signs for Route 66!!

I also purchased some note cards and a little piece of art at an art show that was set up near the plaza. You will find many artists and artisans in Santa Fe. It was hard to hold onto my pennies! On to Los Alamos for our last day in New Mexico. I will share those photos tomorrow!

1 comment:

Gina said...

Isn't the Cathedral lovely? That is where I went for my mother's remembrance mass. The place is gorgeous! Did you go in the little store there run by the nuns? They are adorable.