Followers

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

What Would Scarlett Do?

I saw this on Pinterest and since I am a big Gone With the Wind fan, I had to pin it!! That is Scarlett in a nutshell! She was always speaking first and never considering the after effects.  I have known people who "apologize" for their hurtful words by saying "I just speak my mind." Yes and that may be why you have so few friends! As Dr Phil says, "How's that working for you?".

One thing I am learning as I get older is to guard tongue. Over the years, I have said some hurtful things to the ones I love. While I might have been right about what I said, I did not say it kindly or with love.  I have come to see that most people know when they are doing the wrong thing and they really do not care about your opinion. Even if they ask for your opinion, they rarely take it to heart.  Sometimes it is better to bite your tongue and pray for that person. We live in a fallen world where there are many opportunities to pray for ourselves and others.

No comments: