Followers

Friday, June 7, 2013

Writing for the Grands!

For my birthday, friend and fellow grandmother, Deborah, gave me this pretty Susan Branch book. You can find Ms Branch's blog on my blog roll. I love her drawings and her posts about life on Martha's Vineyard.

First, I love the pretty pink cover! It just invites you to open up and get started journaling your life story. With a series of questions, Ms Branch leads you down the road of your life history. What was your Dad like...Did you have special pets....memories of special times with your grandparents...how you met your husband...memories of your own children as tots.  Ms Branch gives you many "prompts" and you go from there. I have already starting writing down my memories. I am printing my responses so Kendall can read them without help. I really have enjoyed looking back on my life and remembering speical times! I hope all my grands will enjoy reading a bit of Nana's story!

2 comments:

Mrs.T said...

That book looks so nice, Arlene!

When my daughter was out here last fall, she brought me a similar book only with Thomas Kinkade artwork and asked if I would fill it in for her children to have. It has taken me a LONG time to get it done. I'd hoped to have it finished by the time we left for NV and even took it along so I could finish it there. I did work on it a lot while out there but still didn't finish it. Now I'm getting close. I'm hoping to finish in the next day or two and get it out there.

I hope you have fun with your project!

Gina said...

Arlene, what a wonderful idea! Something the grands will appreciate more and more as they grow older. :-)