Followers

Thursday, July 25, 2013

A New Centerpiece

 I decided I needed a new centerpiece for my dining room table so I headed off to TJ Maxx to see what I could round up. I found this lantern in just the color I was searching for on a shelf of lamps. The little mossy rocks and the natural filler was on the shelf with all the fake flowers. I love shopping at TJMaxx as it is something like a hunting expedition and when I find something interesting I am so proud of myself.
 Aren't these mossy fake rocks totally cute? There was only one bag so I had to find something else to fill up the lantern. Luckily there was a bag of small earthy balls made of feathers, twig and bark on the same shelf. I had the bowl of tiny seed balls that was just gathering dust in my cupboard so I used the seed balls as filler too. It is good to have a Craft/Junk Room so I can pull out things and re-purpose them.
Here is the finished product...It really looks nice on the table and complements the painting on the wall as well as the distressed lamps I purchased for the buffet. It is true that once you change one thing in a room, it leads to more change! I really enjoy creating new things for my home. And I did not steal this one from Pinterest!!

4 comments:

Jenn@Sweet T Makes Three said...

Pretty! You did a good job.

Earl said...

Neat! I like that!

Gina said...

Arlene, so pretty! I haven't been to TJMaxx in ages. I see what I've been missing!

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks friends....I really need to stay out of tjmaxx Gina. I always find something I have to have!!!