Followers

Monday, July 8, 2013

Busy Day!!

Mondays are usually my day to catch up on errands and I had quite a few this morning. I started off at the library where I got my passport stamped and picked up two more books to read. One is set in Ireland and the other in Russia. Hoping I can complete my passport by the end of the year!! Then I was off to The Learning Tree, our local teacher supply store. Sis, Leta, is doing her room in a western theme and she was having a hard time finding some western bling in Chattanooga. While I was browsing in the shop, several teachers came in to begin buying supplies for the 2013-2014 school year. And we all thought teachers got the summers off...no not really. They are usually planning for the year, decorating their classrooms and studying up on their subjects.

After I had supplies in hand, it was across the street to Party Central. If you live in Decatur this is a very nice store and the owner is so sweet and helpful.  My cousin, Pam, had seen the photos of my pirates, Baylor and Margaret and she wanted to know where she could get one for her grandson, Zay.  He is three years old and loves all kinds of hats. I told Pam I would love to send some hats for Zay. I found a pirate hat, a Sherlock Holmes hat and a cowboy hat for my special little cousin. I also found an eyepatch for him to wear with his pirate hat!! I told Pam I could not wait to see pictures of Zay modeling his loot!

Then it was to off to Sherwin Williams...my favortie paint store! I am obsessed with turquoise after visiting the southwest and I am determined to paint the back of my kitchen door turquoise.  I found the perfect color, Calypso, and soon a cheerful door will greet me as I pull into the garage.

My final trip was to CVS to get some prescriptions filled and I had a nice chat with the pharmacy tech, David. I have known David since he was a little boy. He lived down the street from us when we first moved to Decatur and he spent a lot of time at my house. It is neat seeing all those kiddies I knew growing up and working in businesses around Decatur.

I am ready to put my feet up with a good book after dinner this evening. My day has caught up to me.

No comments: