Followers

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Meet Lucy!

 Meet the newest calf on the farm...baby Lucy. You may remember that I told you about my brother in law's new Jersey cows, Mayfield and Annabelle. Well unfortunately Mayfield passed away after giving birth to Lucy. Apparently Jersey cows are especially susceptible to low calcium levels after calving and this is what caused Mayfield's demise.  So the Altons are bottle feeding Miss Lucy.
 My brother in law, Bruce and niece, Laura.....
My sister, Leta, says that Lucy is cute as a button. Lucy will follow them around now....looking for some milk I guess. Poor baby lost her mama but she has great owners who will see that she grows up strong and healthy.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lucy is bonding with her human parents. She will always be overly fond of her caretakers the rest of her life!

Gina said...

Arlene, so sad. Poor little Lucy and her mother too.