Followers

Monday, July 22, 2013

Memphis Visitors

 We had a great weekend with Lee and Lanier, our Memphis family. Lee is Marvin's younger brother and since we live only three hours away from each other we try to visit every two to three months. As Lanier said, "It would make Mama G so happy to know that we are getting together regularly!"  We spent the weekend just relaxing, eating and visiting. Lanier wanted to catch up on season two of Downton Abbey so we watched the whole second season! We took some time out to go to Hartselle, while the men went to see the Volkwagon Bug show at Ingalls Harbor.  We had a yummy dinner at the Back Alley Bistro. It is such a great addition to Decatur restaurants. Lanier and I had the tomato pie while Marvin had Basque Chicken and Lee had Salmon and Grits.  We came home to Muddys Bakeshop cupcakes that Lanier brought to us! It is our favorite dessert! They put GiGi's cupcakes to shame in every way!

 Do you think we have enough cupcakes?????
 Here is my favorite, Prozac which is chocolate chocolate. The other cupcake is called Decadence. It is a chocolate cupcake with white chocolate icing.
 Plain Janes...
And Marvin's favorite is Grasshopper...chocolate cupcakes with mint icing.  I did put some of the cupcakes in the freezer for a rainy day!

Lanier and I also spent some time creating a new blog called Lannyland, where Lanny can write about her family and especially her nine grands that are under 4 and a half years old.  So I am Nanaland and Lanier is Lannyland. I have added Lannyland to my blog roll. Lanier also has a number of interesting blogs that she reads so you might want to check out her blog roll as well.( Of course I added several of my favorite blogs to her roll!) It took us a while to get the blog set up but we had fun doing it and I am looking forward to reading the happenings in Lannyland.


2 comments:

Jenn@Sweet T Makes Three said...

Prozac. Perfect name!
Where is Back Alley Bistro? I'd love to try it and blog about the experience of course.
Glad you had a nice visit!

Gina said...

Oh gosh, Arlene. You HAD to show us the cupcakes. I am craving one now. Thankfully I do not have all the ingredients at home!

I'm off to Lallyland!