Followers

Friday, July 19, 2013

New Lamps

 I have been looking for lamps for my dining room buffet. I went to one of my favorite stores in Decatur where I like to drool over the beautiful home accessories and I found a pair of lamps that I liked until I saw the price! $250 each!! Now if I were rich, I probably would not have raised an eyebrow and I would have plunked down the cash and walked out with them! But alas, I could not fathom paying that much for a pair of lamps. I have a mix of lamps in my home, one was an anniversary gift that my hubs got for me and it was a bit pricy but frankly, I do not think it stands out from the TJ Maxx lamps in my home! So I left the home store and headed to Kirklands to pick up some English Ivy sachets for my linen drawers. Kirklands was having a sale on Lamps!!(They are getting rid of everything so they can bring out their fall items) Half price and they looked very nice.  I walked over the store looking at various styles and finally decided on these lovely lamps.
They look great on my buffet and I like to keep them turned on during the daytime as it keeps my kitchen and dining room from becoming a black hole. My husband cannot understand why I like lamps burning in every room I told him that it makes the house more homey and I use the new energy saving bulbs so it does not really show up too much on the electric bill.  My daughter in law, Katy, is the same way....she likes to have lamps on as well. I guess we could really do a psychological study on people who prefer light over people who do not!!  Anyway, I am happy with my purchase and they really are more in proportion to the room than the skinny buffet lamps that I had there before. Correct scale can really make a big difference in how a room looks. It has taken me a while to learn all these decorating tricks but I think my town home is finally coming together.

3 comments:

Jenn@Sweet T Makes Three said...

Pretty! I've got to have light too. We even have a natural spectrum "Happy Light" for the winter time to prevent depression.

lanier grimm said...

Love your new lamps!!

Gina said...

Arlene, those lamps are perfect! I love soft lantern light especially in the evenings. It does give the atmosphere a more homey feel!