Followers

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Someone's In the Kitchen

 I have to admit that now it is just Marvin and me at home, I do not cook as much as I used to! But when I saw that Ree Drummond, the Pioneer Woman, has a new Cookbook coming out this fall I knew I would have to have this cookbook. I have Ree's blog on my blog roll and I really enjoy watching her cooking show on the Food Channel. She makes everything look so easy! I also enjoy seeing the Drummond's Oklahoma Ranch. It looks like the perfect place to raise a family.
Another blog I read is Southern Plate by Christy Jordan. She lives near me in Madison, Alabama and she is a good Southern Cook. I purchased this magazine at the market last week and I have really enjoyed leafing through the 20 complete menus that she shares with her readers. I think it is the perfect small cookbook for a new bride. When I was first married, I always worried over planning meals and making the foods look appetizing. I agonized over side dishes for my main dish....desserts were never a problem as I love to make desserts!  My mother is an excellent cook and baker and I learned a lot from her!  Getting back to Southern Plate, this magazine along with a baking dish and some colorful dishtowels would make a nice kitchen shower gift for the prospective bride in your world.

I am having my Sunday School ladies over for dessert on Thursday evening so I am planning lots of yummy sweets to serve to some of the sweetest girls I know!!

No comments: