Followers

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

School Days

It is hard to believe that this is the last day I will have Kendall before she heads back to school on Monday.  This summer has flown by. We painted, we swam, we went to the library, we had special treats and we watched some movies. Thanks to our daily schedule, I did not hear "What are we doing now Nana?" Kendall would check the schedule posted on the fridge to see what was on the agenda. Yesterday I took her shopping for a new school outfit. She chose a dress, a cute pair of sandals and a pink hairbow. Right now her favorite color is hot pink!  After our shopping expedition, we met Grandpa and Landon at Alphonso's Pizza for lunch. Kendall enjoys Alphonso's because she can get her own personal pizza and she can play checkers on the table! She and Grandpa took on me and Landon. I felt sorry for Landon as I am not the best checker player!! Kendall and Grandpa won much to Landon's dismay. We had a pouting episode! I assured Landon that he could be Grandpa's partner next time.  I think we have made Kendall's last week at home a special one.

Kendall starts school on Monday and she is looking forward to getting back to class. Landon will be with me until after Labor Day when his preschool resumes. He will be in the M W F four class.  It will be nice to get back into a routine but we have enjoyed our summer together.

1 comment:

Jenn@Sweet T Makes Three said...

Sounds like you were Super Grandma this summer!