Followers

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Second Grade

 Yesterday was Kendall's first day of second grade at her new school, Priceville Elementary. PE is closer to both grandmothers who pick Kendall up from school most days. It is only five minutes from my home so I am liking that!!  Doesn't she look like a sweet, smart girl? I am praying that she enjoys her time in Ms Hudson's class and that she learns a lot!! She is wearing a new shirt that she picked out with money her REAL GRANDMA gave her. This is a joke in our family from Kendall's toddler days. Kendall calls me Nana and her other grandmother, Mimi. So when I told her we were going to Grandma Margie's house(My mom) she said, Is she my REAL GRANDMA? Now she knows that grandmothers can be called many things but Grandma Margie is still her Real Grandma.

And here I am in second grade at Eton Elementary School. I am the girl in the front seat next to the chalk board. Click on the picture to get a better look of little me!:) It is quite a contrast to Kendall's class room. Our teachers did not decorate the room...oh we might have one seasonal bulletin board but that was it.  There were 25 children in our class and Miss Macie(Mrs Macie Jackson) taught us the three Rs very effectively.  And you will see from the chalkboard that we learned cursive in second grade. Thanks to Miss Macie, I still have a nice handwriting if I do say so myself.  The times have changed so much since 1962 I wonder what Kendall's grandchildren will learn in second grade!

1 comment:

Mrs R said...

Love the pictures! Kendall looks so happy to be back in school.