Followers

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Silver Spoons

 I have been cleaning and "fluffing" my house this week. I had to show you some of the results. First I want to share a photo of  these darling miniature silver spoons that my sister, Leta, found at their church yard sale. She saw the spoons as well as these German glass candle holders and knew that I would like them. She quickly took a picture with her phone, sent it to me and I told her, please get them for me. All the items were $4.50. I gave her a fifty cent finders fee!:) The spoons were all tarnished but they came back to life with some silver polish! I think they may be demitasse spoons.  I am not sure what I will use them for but I just enjoy how pretty they look in my china cabinet.
 I found some old books at the Library Book Sale Room and brought them home with me. I adore old books as I use them for pedestals.  I have heard the Book Sale Room just got some old books in from an antique store that was going out of business so I will definitely be stopping by there tomorrow on my errand day. The little green bird came from my shelf of decorating objects that I rotate through my home.
 Here it is on the living room table.
 I recently became inspired by Confessions of a Plate Addict and I decided to put some of my Blue and White pieces on top of my secretary.
 I love the way they look against the Nantucket Grey walls.
Finally I moved some family pictures to the secretary as well. Along with a book and a Trapp Candle from my friend, Susan, it makes a nice tablescape.

I have several other "fluffing" plans and I hope I can get them done soon!!

2 comments:

Jenn@Sweet T Makes Three said...

Love the little green bird!

Gina said...

Arlene, your blue and white pieces are gorgeous! I love all books too!