Followers

Friday, August 23, 2013

T is for Turquoise

 Since my visit to New Mexico, I have fallen in love with the turquoise colors that you see everywhere out west.  I guess this happy color brings cheerfulness to the desert.

I decided the Grimm House could use some cheerful color as well and decided that when I got home I was going to paint the door going from the garage to the back hall a pretty turquoise. Using the Sherwin Williams 'Chip It' I was able to match the colors of New Mexico! The color is Calypso by Sherwin Williams and I must say I love my door. It makes me smile every time I pull into the garage.
 And the turquoise looks nice with the Sherwin Williams Pillar that was applied to the garage walls by the builder of our town home.
Sometimes it is fun to do something unexpected when decorating your home. Remember, your home should reflect who you are and not a decorator's idea of what your home should look like. So if you have been on the fence regarding some splash of color around your home, I say Go For It!!

1 comment:

Mrs R said...

Arlene, turquoise is one of my favorite colors. It is so bright and cheerful and exotic at the same time.