Followers

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Goodbye Sweet Friend

This week I have been so happy...anticipating a week at the beach. Baking treats, getting out beach towels and sunscreen, picking up books at the library just having a grand old time. But then I am brought back to earth with a jolt. Out of the blue I receive a phone call telling me that one of our dear friends and fellow Sunday School Class member has gone home to be with the Lord. We were just together on Sunday at church, laughing, anticipating the birth of her grandson on Monday. How can this be. Our finite minds have a hard time reconciling facts.  Truly our times are in God's Hands. None of us have the promise of tomorrow and sometimes we forget that as we are so caught up in our own plans.

Laura and her husband, Vic, have been our friends for about 17 years. We enjoyed meals at their home. Our children were about the same age so we went through those teenage years together. We have laughed and cried together, sharing intimate struggles.  Our whole Sunday School Class or ABF as we say at our church has been so close that when a member dies, it is like a family member has left us.

Laura was a godly woman. Wife to Vic, mom to David, Jon, Matt and Anna. Her home was always open to friends. She was a prayer warrior and a lover of The Word. Please lift up this family today as they gather to say goodbye to this precious woman on Saturday. While I know where my friend is and I know she would not want to come back here, my heart is grieving this morning.  Another friend gone home. Heaven is a little more precious to me today.

1 comment:

Blackberry Lane said...

My deepest sympathy in your loss.