Followers

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Lest We Forget

For me, September 11, 2001 was a day that will stand out in my memory forever. I have to say it was the most frightening world event that I have ever witnessed in my 58 years on earth.  I was on my way to work when I heard the news on the radio that the World Trade Center was on fire. Then came the terrible news that it was a plane crashing into the tower that caused the blaze. And to find out it was a commercial jet that flew deliberately into the building was just too horrifying to contemplate.  As the day wore on the news grew worse, another plane into the World Trade Center, one into the Pentagon and then the plane that was taken over by the brave people on board and crashed in Pennsylvania. So much tragedy in one day.  I pray for the families that lost loved ones that day. I am thankful for all the police and firemen who put their lives on the line every day to protect me.  I am compelled to pray for our country as we seem to have lost our way in so many areas. God Bless America Land that I love.

No comments: