Followers

Thursday, October 24, 2013

A Royal Christening

 My younger two children, Amelia and Charles, are about the same ages as Prince William and Prince Henry and I enjoyed watching the royal lads grow up.  Of course Diana was all the rage back in those days. I remember getting up in the wee hours of the morning here to watch Diana marry Charles. It did seem like a fairy tale but unfortunately it did not have a Happily Ever After.   In spite of that, Prince William seems to have grown into a nice responsible young husband and father...things his mother wanted for him I am sure.
I found this picture comparing christenings and I have to say Prince George is the cuter baby!! Of course George is  older at his christening than his father was on his Christening Day.  It looks like George has his mom's dark hair and eyes. The Duchess of Cambridge did add some good looking genes to the Windsor family!

I read that after the christening the family returned to the palace for a little party which included the top tier of the Cambridges wedding cake. It is an English custom to enjoy the last of the wedding cake at the first child's christening!

The Archbishop of Canterbury encouraged Prince George's parents and godparents to teach him about Jesus and to help him to grow up to be the person God created him to be.  I hope those around the young prince will remember this advice and put it into practice!  Prayers for this young man who will one day be King!

3 comments:

Blackberry Lane said...

I am fascinated by the royal family and always love seeing the fashions!

Arlene Grimm said...

Me too Mildred!!That Kate is so pretty and stylish.

Gina said...

Prince George is so dashing in his christening gown and Kate is gorgeous as always!