Followers

Friday, October 25, 2013

Allegiant

Look what I found while shopping today. If you are not familiar with the Divergent Series then you probably don't care about Allegiant. Allegiant is supposed to be the last in the series but I have heard rumors that there might be more books to come. We will see!  The series features a young heroine by the name of Tris Prior. She lives in a Dystopian Chicago of the future.  At sixteen, she makes a choice that will change her life forever. Frankly, it has been so long since I read Insurgent that I hope I can remember where Allegiant picks up the story! With Harry Potter, I had no trouble remembering all the characters, plots etc but Tris and her friends are not so memorable. In fact, I found the Divergent series to be similar to the Hunger Games. Maybe all Dystopian books have a similar theme. This is a new genre for me.

And I found the Southern Lady December Edition on the shelves today at Target. If I had to pick only one magazine to read each month, it would be Southern Lady.  It is pure eye candy!!  Can you believe that Christmas is two months from today? I am trying to get done with my shopping and I am stocking up my pantry for Thanksgiving and Christmas feasts! I was happy to find out that our favorite BBQ place, BBQ Smokehouse, will smoke two turkey breasts for me for Thanksgiving. That is one chore marked off the list. If you have never had a smoked turkey breast, you do not know what you are missing!  And that will free up some of my oven space for dressing! I am making two pans of dressing this year. One will be a Conecuh Sausage dressing and the other will be Mama Dip's Turkey Dressing. Oh my, I am getting hungry just thinking about it!! But Thanksgiving will be here in a blink of the eye and I want to be ready so I can enjoy my company!!!

No comments: