Followers

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Breakfast with Friends

Having breakfast with three good friends at Cracker Barrel is a great way to start off Thursday!! Our Deb is still traveling so we invited friend, Maria, to come and join us. Maria is recuperating from surgery and is still unable to drive!:( Fortunately she has lots of good friends who are glad to take her on some jaunts! Being unable to drive anywhere you want to go is hard on us modern women! I shared my Call the Midwife Season One DVD with Maria. It should help to pass some of the time that she is housebound. Maria works at a local OB GYN office so I know she will get a kick out of watching babies being born back in the late 50s early 60s. Another friend had loaned her all three seasons of Downton Abbey so Maria will be busy watching all those dvds.

We had a great time eating and gabbing before we took time to stroll about the Country Store. You know how dangerous that is for me! I did find a cute winter cloak there...it is red with pretty ruffles around the top. Here in Alabama it seldom gets cold enough to require a heavy coat. Most of the time we can get by with something cozy to wear from the car to where ever we are going. I look forward to a chilly Sunday so I can wear my pretty cloak to church.

After breakfast, Maria and I took some time to just drive around and enjoy the fall leaves. We like to look at houses, so we drove through several neighborhoods. I have always loved the idea of being a real estate agent. If I could get Marvin to get a license, I could do the fun part of showing houses and let him do all the contracts etc!  I enjoyed driving around with a friend who loves looking at homes as much as I do!

Now I am back home and there are several things I could be doing but Thursday is my day Off...so I am probably going to just enjoy the rest of this fall afternoon by curling up with a good book!

5 comments:

Blackberry Lane said...

I love Cracker Barrel. They are opening one within 2 miles of our home early next year! Squeal!!!! Love their pretties in the country store. Very seldom do I need a coat in GA, as you know. Your sweater sounds ideal for church.
I always have loved to look at homes too. Mostly, I like to see how folks have them decorated...I think you call that "nosey!" So happy you had a good day "off."

My hubby is having some tests etc. and I won't be posting for a few days.

Arlene Grimm said...

Will lift you all up in prayer as you go through the tests Mildred. As we get older, it is not so much fun to go to the doctor. Seems ours always finds something that needs patching.

I am fortunate to have two nearby Cracker Barrels. I do a lot of gift shopping there! Thanks for stopping by to visit. Have a good weekend.

Blackberry Lane said...

We thank you for your prayers. John is improved today. Hope to be back blogging very soon.
Have a good night.

Arlene Grimm said...

So glad to hear this Mildred!!

Mrs.T said...

Sounds like a lovely day, Arlene! I love Cracker Barrel and we are overdue for a visit there. We will make time for one before Christmas, for sure!