Followers

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Cleaning Day Two


 When I was a child the only maid I knew was Hazel! (pardon for the fuzzy picture but it was the only one I could find!) Of course the Adams family had Lurch and Cissy, Buffy and Jody had Mr French on Family Affair but in north Georgia where I lived, maids were scarce. Having three daughters, my mom had us helping her clean from the time we could follow her directions! Now that I run my own home, I am glad that I learned so much from Mother.
And as a child I could never understand why Samantha wanted to do all her laundry, cooking and housekeeping without using her magic! If I had her nose, I would twitch away all the clutter and dirt in a minute.:)

But I have to admit that having a clean house is a source of satisfaction for me. Yesterday I cleaned four rooms thoroughly and I must say that I was a happy tired at the end of the day. And I slept well last night too, I think hard work does that for you.  Today I plan to tackle my kitchen...which may take most of the day. I love my bright white cabinets but they show every bit of dust and grime if you do not keep after them.  I also wonder how two people can create so much dirt and clutter. I tried to be brutal in getting rid of things that we do not use but seem to hang around the house, mainly catalogs and magazines. So the cleaning goes on and I hope to have it completed by the end of the week. Then I will call my carpet cleaner and have him come to do our bedroom and the man cave. Then my house will be ready for the Holidays!

1 comment:

Blackberry Lane said...

I've always enjoyed cleaning, too. It's hard work but like you say, it's rewarding and it does make you sleep well!
I remember all the shows you mention here fondly.
How smart of you to be ready for the holidays. Will you be baking a lot ahead of time?